Another tip for a trip on our ShareCar cars is the ruins of Gýmeš Castle. The castle was built probably in the years 1253 – 1270. On the south side was a prismatic tower, which served as a residential and defensive function.
At the end of the 13th century, another tower was added. Gýmeš Castle was built to its greatest extent only later by fortifications, a combination of several smaller buildings that were built near it.
Between the 9th and 13th centuries, there were 10 smaller settlements in a place called Pustý Gýmeš. To this day, only one village has survived Jelenec.